Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Tuesday 7 April 2009

Head Strong

Like my new look?? lol. Well, not so much new look - yet again new hair colour.....for the short term until the next change.hahahhaha. Those who know me, know my hair changes colour as often as the seasons change!!

Well, the last four weeks - have been a time of reflection for me. Realising how wonderful and prescious my life really is. How very grateful I really am. How sad it is that some of my friends haven't been so lucky with their journies, and how those waiting for their life-saving transplants are getting fed up waiting for the call. Also, sometimes how I get stronger in unforseen circumstances and turn any negative into a positive. Maybe, I should be a speaker in this..lol.

Sometimes, I suprise myself with my own strength - it's like I can just have a moment or two thinking/expressing to those close to me...then take the attitude.."right...come on Jus...get with it..things to do..people to see....goals to achieve...no time to worry about silly nonesense brought upon by anyone".........and off I go..full steam ahead!!!!!!!! Woohooooooo!!!! I really am so happy, and nothing or no one will deny that from me!

So....as for "enjoy the time you have left"..well, I have made my feelings pretty clear in a previous blog. I am going to live until I'm 100 and that's that..hahaha!!!

Well, my life is all about achieving new challenges too, and last week I tried a gym challenge set in 3 levels of difficulty. I went for the beginners (which I may add - was still extremely hard). Al (the personal trainer), told me, "this is going to be the hardest thing that you will do in your life"....and he wasn't wrong!!! But, I was determined to keep going even at times when I did get breathless - but wanted to also keep going! The challenge was co-ordinated by both Fran and Al (Alan) who are both helping me towards my training programmes.

The Challenge as below consisted of:-

ROW - 750m
DEAD LIFT - (7.5kg per side on black barbell) x 20 reps
PRESS UPS - x 15 reps
TREADMILL - 250m (0.25 km)
FLOOR WIPERS - (7.5kg per side on black barbell) x 10 reps
CYCLE - 750m (0.75 km)
PUSH PRESS - (5kg per side on black barbell) x 15 reps
BURPEES x 10 reps

Definition of a burpee:-
Start with hands on the ground in front of your feet. Keep your back straight. Then Kick feet out behind you into the top of the push-up portion of the burpee. Your body should be straight and tight in a flat plank. Push up into the top of the push-up position again. Then Jump your feet up to your hands into your starting position. Finally, Jump into the air and clap your hands overhead so that your ear is exposed in front of your arms. Your feet should leave the ground.


I achieved this in 17.54 seconds, and will be repeating this challenge again this Thursday 8th April, and I'm hoping to improve on the time as well.

Ok ok.....think I have waffled enough. I hope you all keep well and smiley, and hope transplants happen for those waiting whilst I'm away on my holiday next week. Thanks for eveyone's continual support and recently, lots love to you all. Miss Head Strong x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger