Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Wednesday 21 January 2009

Back on TV

Hey everyone,

I have had a busy afternoon and hopefully another productive piece of media awareness - if the clip does get shown tomorrow. I understand with my years of media experience that you can film an item, then another ground breaking story will over rule any work that has been done.

But....hopefully, I will be on BBC 1 Breakfast TV (22/1/09) on the news slots, I think 6am, 7am, and 8am. Or maybe one of the time slots?? who knows?? just get plenty of tea..infact a pot of tea/coffee..slices of toast with ya favourite spread...and don't move away from the TV screen!..hahahahahaaaaaa

I haven't actually done TV work in a while...last media was newspaper/radio..and I'm hoping I come over ok with my story, and DO encourage more people to sign up as donors.

Infact, I am chuffed that the camera man contacted me later today, to say that he and his wife signed up on organ donor register..woohoooooo!!! That makes me SO happy. I just wish more people do and save lives, like mine was 2.5 years ago.

It makes me very sad - to think of all the wonderful friends that I have met/made since my whole journey with LAM and having the transplant, that lost their battle on life/and some because organs were not available for them in time. That really breaks my heart...truly...and I can't help but get tearful and very emotional.

Not so long ago, a lovely lady named, Melissa also had my rare lung disease, LAM...and fought a terrible battle with the illness like I did with many lungs collapses and fighting for her life. I am gutted that she passed away and never recieved lungs in time. It cut me up and tore me apart emotionally as I really believed Melissa's life WOULD be saved. It just goes to show you - that there simply is NOT enough organ donors and also to all the other people whose lives have been cut short for the same reason.

I thought, that I may give the media a break for a while (but Melissa's death - made me realise that I just can't stop raising awareness if it will mean that another person will join the organ donor register).

And also, when asked by some good friends of mine the same question, would I stop the media campaigning...I just went off on one for ages..like a headstrong bull in a china shop!!! After a while of babbling, and seeing their gobsmacked faces as I waffled on and on and on and on.....I stopped and laughed with them. I could have simply said, "No"...only after my babble again, I realised that its so skin deep with me and MEGA deep rooted, and that I'm extremely passionate...and here I go again!!!

I love campaigning..maybe I am tired of hearing my own story and saying it over and over, but it's worth it, as I said if another person signs up (and also raises awareness of the rare disease, LAM).

OOps...just seen the time, I need to take my meds

Happy watching lovelies x x x x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Justine,

    Just saw you on BBC Breakfast. Just wanted to say good on you girl, keep up the good work.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justine, you are AMAZING! Rock on!

    Sharlene Brells, Tacoma, WA, USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justine, you are AMAZING! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a LAM patient as well, and am so proud and amazed at her journey. She gives me so much hope.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger